You’ve came to the best flood damage restoration company in Kentucky.
Thank you for reading this post About water damage restoration, don’t forget to subscribe!
☎️ Call (859)302-2702
The Advantages of Doing Business with Our Water Damage Restoration Company
As you are about to learn, there are many advantages to doing business with the top of water removal service in Kentucky. Not only do we provide the best emergency services in the area, but we also offer a wide range of other perks for you to enjoy as water damage restoration specialists. Doing business with us make sense because:
• We are a locally owned company in the Kentucky community – one of the most important things to consider when doing business with a water damage restoration company is finding one that you can trust. By doing business with us, you are choosing a local water damage mitigation company with an excellent reputation in the Kentucky business community. We have worked hard for many years to establish ourselves as a credible certified water removal company. Our years of experience and expert technicians will make it simple for you to realize that we are the best company to meet your property damage restoration needs.
• We use specialized equipment – as water removal experts, our years of experience, plus expert certifications, make us the ideal choice in many respects. We also bring specialized equipment to the table. Our equipment is necessary to help expedite the cleanup process. Not only will it help to make drying out your property a snap, our expert specialized equipment can also help speed up the cleanup and repair process as well. We use chemical cleaners, dehumidifiers, drying agents, and much more. At the end of the job, you’ll be glad that you chose us because of our years of experience and access to the top-notch equipment that comes as part of the package.
What is Water Damage?
Before we get into steps to take after water damage, first, what exactly is considered water damage? Water damage can be defined as water destroying the interior of your home. It can be caused by a multitude of occurrences including:
• A frozen pipe that bursts and saturates your walls/ceiling
• Rain that leaks in through your room, causing damage to your walls and ceiling
• An overflowing sink or toilet that soaks your bathroom floors
• Leaking appliances, such as a dishwasher leak
• Sewage Damage
Immediate Steps to Take After Water Damage In Your Home
1. Call Your Insurance Company
Your homeowners’ insurance will vary depending on what policies you have. The insurance company will send an adjuster to look at and assess the damage and determine if it is a covered loss.
Document the values of each and every item you can think of and take as many photos as possible before, during, and after cleanup. This will help the adjuster when he or she is able to come assess the damage.
Note: Not all home insurance policies cover flood damage.
2. Protecting Yourself, Appliances, and Valuables
The most important step in any major home disaster like flooding and water damage, is to make sure yourself and your family are safe. There are several things you can do to stay safe in your home.
Turn off the power
Water and electricity obviously do not mix. But, if turning off the power requires you to enter or stand in wet areas it is best to leave it alone and call an electrician. Do not reenter a flood damaged home before turning the electricity off.
Wear Protective Gear
Be sure to wear protective clothing–such as rubber boots and gloves–when you re-enter your home. This will protect you from injuries that can get bacteria filled water in them.
Protect Your Valuables
You can lift wood furniture off the wet carpet areas and insert tin foil under the feet to prevent staining of the carpet. Likewise, remove any rugs that may be on wet flooring.
You may be forced to leave your home if the flooding is bad enough. Make sure it is also safe when you return to your home to begin dealing with the aftermath. Don’t drive through any flooded areas!